Production Chemistry in oil and gas production – IBC54 Best course -Istanbul Business Center
Table of Contents
About the course – Production Chemistry in oil and gas production
This course Production Chemistry in oil and gas production covers the selection and use of chemicals in oil and gas production. As oilfields mature more water is produced which requires the use of more chemicals to maintain production. Chemicals used for controlling corrosion, emulsions, foaming, mineral scales, paraffins (waxes), asphaltites, gas hydrates, hydrogen sulfide scavengers, and water clarifiers are covered.
The course Production Chemistry in oil and gas production includes methods to determine the need for chemical treating, how to select the proper chemicals, and how testing for chemical compatibility with the formation and other chemicals is performed. Requirements for environmentally friendly products and products for deep water production are discussed. The course will include how the use of chemicals can prevent problems, improve production and economics, and extend the life of the production equipment.
Due to its modular construction, this course can be offered on an in-house basis with expansion of some of the major sections and deletion of others to suit the needs of individual client groups. Should you desire this approach, please contact us.
you can read also new training courses : the most training courses and workshops important in Oil and Gas
Production Chemistry in oil and gas production -Designed For
Production engineers, facilities engineers, chemists, and technicians involved with production systems from the wellbore through the topside production equipment, transmission pipelines, and storage facilities who are responsible for recognizing and treating problems which might require treatment chemicals.
You will learn in Production Chemistry in oil and gas production
- Recognize corrosive conditions and monitor corrosion rates
- Select and apply corrosion inhibitors
- Predict and treat emulsions
- Understand causes and control of foaming
- Predict scale forming conditions
- Select and apply scale inhibitors
- Control gas hydrate formation
- Predict and control paraffin (wax) deposition
- Evaluate methods for asphaltene control
- Scavenge low concentrations of H2S
- Select and apply water clarifiers
- Select chemicals for use in deep water
- Select environmentally friendly chemicals
Course Production Chemistry in oil and gas production Content
- Corrosive agents
- Corrosion inhibitor selection and application
- Predicting and monitoring corrosion rates
- Basics of oilfield emulsions
- Demulsified selection and field application
- Foam basics
- Field application of foams
- How defoamers work
- Compounds that cause scaling
- Prediction of scaling tendency
- Scale inhibitors
- Solvents to dissolve scales
- Requirements for gas hydrates to form
- Types of compounds used to control hydrate formation
- Causes of paraffin (wax) problems
- Paraffin treatment chemicals
- Asphaltene stability tests
- Asphaltene treatment chemicals
- Chemicals used as H2S scavengers
- Application of H2S scavengers
- Oil carryover in water
- Removal of oil and oily solids
- Tests required for chemicals used in deep water
- Green chemicals (environmentally friendly chemicals)
Contact information -Production Chemistry in oil and gas production :
To communicate in Arabic:
You can view all programs through our website
We are waiting for your questions about the training courses offered by our center IBC .
A group discount can be requested ISTANBUL BUSINESS CENTER
Is there a group discount when registering for Production Chemistry in oil and gas production?
- Browse our course catalog and select which courses meet your organization’s learning and development needs
- Receive a discount ranging from 10 to 20% based on the total number of participants you enroll per year. Discount tiers are outlined in the adjacent chart.
- Contact us below to register your participants and receive a unique discount code for your organization. From there, our team will work with you to enroll your employees.
The Short Course Experience -Production Chemistry in oil and gas production
Our 2- to 5-day short courses offer a unique opportunity to step outside of the pressures of your day-to-day work life and challenge yourself with new ideas and skills in a low-risk environment. Our team is here to guide you each step of the way.
To join our YouTube channel: