Basic Petroleum Technology course provides the participant with an understanding of basic petroleum technology in the context of the Petroleum Value Chain and Asset Management, from exploration to abandonment. Unconventional shale (tight oil and gas) and conventional oil and gas are covered. The participant will understand how and when geoscience and engineering professionals use technology to determine and then optimize the economic value of an oil and gas field. This enables the participant to maximize their professional and administrative contribution in their organization. Participants first learn and understand why various global oil and gas production types and plays (unconventional and conventional) have different value. The participant learns which technologies are used by the geoscience and engineering departments during each stage of the asset life cycle and WHY! This E&P lifecycle context accelerates an understanding of basic petroleum technologies and the oil industry.
Table of Contents
What Do Participants Learn in Basic Petroleum Technology course?
- The E&P Process and how it differs in conventional vs unconventional plays
- The role of each technical department and specialist, and the technologies used
- The economic value and properties of reservoir fluids Petroleum geology for exploration and production
- About oil and gas reservoirs, both conventional and unconventional, and understand the key differences
- Exploration and appraisal technologies
- Drilling operations for exploration, development and production
- Production – well completions and production technology
- Reservoir recovery mechanisms through primary, secondary, and tertiary recovery Surface processing of produced fluids
Who Should Attend Basic Petroleum Technology Course?
This course is appropriate for those who need to achieve a context and understanding of E&P technologies in conventional and unconventional fields, and/or the role of technical departments in oil and gas operations, and/or be able to understand and use the language of the oilfield.
- World hydrocarbon production and consumption review including reserves, benchmarks, and the impact of shale resources
- Reservoir fluid properties
- Petroleum geology
- The petroleum reservoir, conventional and unconventional
- Exploration technologies for conventional and unconventional reservoirs including initial reserve estimates and consequent field development
- Drilling and operations
- Well completions and workovers
- Production operations
- Reservoir recovery mechanisms
- Surface processing
To communicate in Arabic:
You can view all programs through our website
We are waiting for your questions about the training courses offered by our center IBC .ISTANBUL BUSINESS CENTER
A group discount can be requested
Is there a group discount when registering for a Basic Petroleum Technology Training courses course?
- Browse our course catalog and select which courses meet your organization’s learning and development needs
- Receive a discount ranging from 10 to 20% based on the total number of participants you enroll per year. Discount tiers are outlined in the adjacent chart.
- Contact us below to register your participants and receive a unique discount code for your organization. From there, our team will work with you to enroll your employees.
The Short Course Experience -Basic Petroleum Technology Training courses
Our 2- to 5-day short courses offer a unique opportunity to step outside of the pressures of your day-to-day work life and challenge yourself with new ideas and skills in a low-risk environment. Our team is here to guide you each step of the way.
To join our YouTube channel:
Basic Petroleum Technology Training courses | 5 Days – Istanbul