History of Istinye University :
Istinye University was established in 2015 by the 21st Century Anatolian Foundation as the continuation of a 25-year knowledge and experience of the MLP Care Group which has brought three different hospital brands, namely, “Liv Hospital”, “Medical Park” and “VM Medical Park” under one roof.
With its academic staff successfully committed to education and research to make a difference, Istinye University aims to take a place among Turkey and the world’s most prestigious universities by contributing to producing new knowledge through its education and research performance while helping its students become well-equipped in their fields by sharing existing knowledge with them.
Read more : Istanbul Yeni Yüzyıl University
why Istinye University ?
Applying a student-oriented understanding of education to all of its processes, Istinye University intends to expand the borders of science thanks to the academic staff’s research, put the findings obtained through scientific developments into practice for social welfare, and offer quality and accessible health services to the society in line with its vision of being a science and research center. By conducting education, research and social service activities at universal standards, the university provides its students with a wide range of knowledge, as well as a learning and progressive environment that also covers the fields of technology and art.
The university elevates its students as individuals who are equipped with leadership skills, believe in the power of science, closely follow developments in the world, are capable of critical thinking and hold humanitarian and ethical values and the habit of self-improvement and using creativity. It directs its graduates to working environments where they can use these skills, especially to Liv Hospital, Medical Park and VM Medical Park gathered under the umbrella of MLP Care Group.
By elevating the competent, creative and forward-looking individuals of the future, Istinye University aims at contributing to the progress of humankind and playing a significant role in the social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological development of our society
Mission of Istinye University
The mission of İstinye University is to offer an innovative and sustainable education that is student-centered and in close cooperation with relevant sectors, to conduct research utilizing advanced technology, to generate new information and technologies, and to contribute to the development of society by developing solutions to local and universal problems.
Vision of Istinye University
The vision of Istinye University is to be one of the leading universities in the world with an aim of excellence in education, research, innovation and technology development, with a particular focus on artificial intelligence and digitalization.
Values of Istinye University:
- Team spirit
- Respect for ethical values
- Social responsibility
- A sense of belonging and dedication
Programs of Istinye University
Department of Foreign Languages in Istinye University
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Economics, Administrative and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty of Fine Arts, Design and Architecture
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine
- Vocational Schools
- Vocational School (Turkish)
- Vocational School of Health Services (Turkish)
- Institute of Health Sciences
- Institute of Social Sciences
Application Criteria –
Provided that they are in the final year of high school or they are high-school graduates;
- Who are foreign nationals,
- Those who are Turkish citizens by birth and hold the permission from the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Turkey to cease to be a Turkish citizen, and their underage children who are registered on these people’s expatriation document and provide evidence of ownership of the document issued in accordance with the Turkish Citizenship Law on the Exercise of The Legal Rights (According to Turkish Citizenship Law, those who were born in Turkey or abroad from Turkish national mother and father within a conjugal union are Turkish citizens by birth. Therefore, Turkish nationals who are going to apply from abroad are recommended to read the aforementioned law),
- Dual citizens being foreign national at birth and became citizens of the Republic of Turkey later,
- Those who are Turkish citizens and continued their secondary education abroad before 01/02/2013 and completed the last three years of their secondary education (high school) in a foreign country except TRNC (including those who completed the secondary school (high school) in the Turkish schools that were established in the care of MNE in a foreign country except TRNC),.
- Who started the secondary education after 01/02/2013 and completed the whole secondary education (high school) in a foreign country except TRNC (including those who completed the whole secondary education (high school) in the Turkish schools that were established in the care of MNE in a foreign country except TRNC)
- Those who are nationals of TRNC and reside in TRNC, and completed the secondary education in TRNC and have GCE AL exam results,
- TRNC nationals, who enrolled in a college or high school in other countries between 2005 and 2010, and have GCE AL exam results or will be holders of it,
- Those who are Turkish citizens and completed the whole secondary education in Turkey or in TRNC (except those who completed the whole secondary education in a foreign country other than TRNC),
- Those who are TRNC citizens (except those who completed the whole secondary education in TRNC and have GCE AL exam results),
- Those who are dual citizens, who are originally Turkish citizens by birth, described in the subclause b of the first clause of the Article 5 (except those who completed the whole secondary education in a foreign country other than TRNC and those who completed the whole secondary education in the Turkish schools in a foreign country other than TRNC),
- Those who are dual citizens, one of his/her citizenship is TRNC citizenship (except those who completed the whole secondary education in TRNC high schools and have GCE AL exam results and those who have or will have GCE AL exam results by enrolling and training in colleges and high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010),
- Those who are Turkish citizens or dual citizens, who are originally Turkish citizens by birth, described in the subclause b of the first clause of the Article 5 and received education within the schools of Embassies in Turkey and in the foreign high schools in Turkey.
can not apply.
NOTE 1: Pursuant to the Principles Regarding the Admission of Students from Abroad, for the applicants who have the opportunity to apply for admission quotas from abroad;
– Blue Card holders,
– Turkish students who studied abroad (Except for TRNC),
– Those who have two citizenships, one of them being Turkish
the following programs will accept students up to 10% of the main quota of the programs;
The quota of Medicine Department: 90
Quota amended basing the criteria above: 9 (%10)
For detailed information:
*The decision not to exceed 10% of the quotas taken for Teaching, Law, Medicine and Dentistry programs in the student quotas to be accepted from abroad does not cover the students who have dual citizenship by acquiring Turkish citizenship while they were still holding the citizenship of another country.
The above-mentioned decision covers the candidates who are Turkish citizens by birth and who lost their Turkish citizenship by obtaining permission from the Ministry of Interior to get out of Turkish citizenship, candidates who certify that they have a Blue Card given to those who have lost Turkish citizenship upon their request, the applicants with Turkish citizenship or dual citizenship (one of them being Turkish citizenship) and those who completed their high school education in a foreign country except TRNC (Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus).
NOTE 2: With the letter on “ Turkish Citizens who benefitted from International Student Admission Quota” sent by the Council of Higher Education to all higher education institutions on 06 November 2020 it is decided;
– That the applications of candidates who receive a diploma from a high school abroad through distance education without being abroad will not be accepted within the framework of the international student acceptance quotas,
– Not to process applications, in the context of diplomas obtained through formal education from a high school abroad, if the period of stay in the relevant country does not support the formal education of high school after checking the entry and exit stamp from the passport or police records to the country where the diploma was taken.
*The duration of stay in the relevant country will be evaluated by the “Istinye University International Student Recruitment Commission”, which will support the formal education of high school.
– To seek the conditions for Transfer Procedures from Higher Education Institutions Abroad to Higher Education Institutions in the Country published in the Student Selection and Placement System Guidelines for the relevant year in order to benefit from the provisions of the Regulation on the Principles of Transition between Associate and Bachelor’s Degree Programs, Double Major, Minor and Inter-Institutional Credit Transfer in the relevant year, and the conditions regarding the Transfer Procedures from Higher Education Institutions Abroad to Higher Education Institutions in Turkey, published in the Placement System Guidelines in case they start their university education abroad by studying in a high school abroad with the distance education system without being in the relevant country.
For the candidates whose applications will be evaluated within this scope, the rules to be followed/the documents to be requested by our university are as follows:
– In order for the candidate to get high school equivalency, he/she should not hold high school graduation in Turkey. In this context, a document showing the graduation status via e-devlet system
– Passport entry-exit stamps showing the candidate’s active education abroad (minimum two-thirds of the total education period) and the current international exit letter to be obtained via e-devlet system
– Signed/stamped document showing that “formal education” is given by the school that has given the diploma
If the documents mentioned above cannot be submitted during the application, the application of the candidate will be considered invalid.
SELECTION AND EVALUATION PROCEDURES
The selection process is based on the scores from the exams listed below.
ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR
ASSOCIATE/UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS
(FACULTY OF MEDICINE)
|SAT I (Scholastic Aptitude Test)||SAT (Evidence- Based Reading/Writing/Math):|
1200 toplam puan ve en az 600 matematik
(1200 points in total and at least 600 points for maths)
|SAT (Evidence- Based Reading/Writing/Math):|
1000 toplam puan
(1000 points in total)
|GCE A LEVEL||A Level düzeyinde Fizik, Kimya, Biyoloji , Matematik konularından en az 2 konuda A seviyesinde puan|
(Grade A is requested for at least 2 A Level courses in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics)
|A Level düzeyinde en az biri başvurulan programla ilgili olmak üzere, en az 2 konuda D seviyesinde puan|
(Minimum Grade D for 2 A Level courses, at least one of them should be related to the department that the candidate applies for)
|IB (INTERNATIONAL BACCALAURATE)||30/45||28/45|
|YÖS SINAVLARI (İSTANBUL,ANKARA,ULUDAĞ ÜNİVERSİTESİ)|
(YOS EXAMS of
|SAY PUAN TÜRÜNDEN 60.000|
(60.000 OUT OF SAY SCORE TYPE)
|BAŞVURDUĞU ALANDA İLGİLİ PUAN TÜRÜNDEN 400.000 SIRALAMAYA GİRMİŞ OLMAK|
(BEING IN THE FIRST 400.000 RANK WITHIN THE SCORE TYPE RELATED TO THE FIELD OF APPLICATION)
In addition to the application criteria, certain admission conditions are sought in order to be able to practice the profession after completing the education of the following programs:
Civil Aviation Cabin Services:
1) Not having a criminal record or criminal archive record.
2) For women, to have a height between 160 cm and 180 cm (weight should be at most 5 kilograms more or 15 kilograms less than the last two digits of the value expressed in centimeters).
3) For men, to have a height between 170-190 cm (weight should be at most 5 kilograms more or 15 kilograms less than the last two figures of the value expressed in centimeters of height).
4) Health status to be suitable for flight (They are required to obtain a report from the health institutions authorized by the General Directorate of Civil Aviation, indicating that their health status is suitable for flight.)
5) When the flight attendant uniform is worn; tattoos, scars, etc. will not be seen on visible parts of the body.
1) Not having any Criminal Records or Criminal Archive Records that would prevent them from receiving an airport entry card.
2) Receiving a committee report (color blindness, hearing loss/deficiency, vision loss/ deficiency, etc.), provided that they have received within the last 6 months from a full-fledged hospital that there are no health problems that would prevent them from performing their profession and / or duty.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION
Candidates are required to scan the documents listed below and upload them through the application form.
Required Documents for Undergraduate Admissions;
- Copy of ID in Passport
- English/Turkish Translation of High School Diploma (If the candidate graduated from an institution abroad)
- English/Turkish Translation of Transcript
- Certificate of Equivalence (It is requested during exact registration.) (Proof of equivalency can be provided from Turkish Embassies in the home country or Provincial Department of Education, Istanbul.)
- 1 Passport-size Photo
- National-International Examination Result (If the student will not apply with her/his High School Diploma)
- An approved copy of exam results of SAT I, ACT, GCE, etc. or another national or international examination (If available)
- For the departments which have Turkish Medium of Instruction; TÖMER Certificate which is awarded by Universities (B2, If available)
- For the departments which have English Medium of Instruction; TOEFL IBT- Overall 75 (Provided that it has not been 2 years since the exam has been certified) (If Available)
- Residence Permit (If Available)
Required Documents for Graduate Admissions;
- Copy of ID in Passport
- English/Turkish Translation of Bachelor’s Degree (If the candidate graduated from an institution abroad)
- English/Turkish Translation of Transcript
- Certificate of Equivalence or Certificate of Recognition
*Certificate of Recognition is requested from candidates who apply for graduate programs in Social Sciences and it will be provided by our university. Candidates who apply for graduate programs in the healthcare field need to get a Certificate of Equivalence from the Council of Higher Education.
- 1 Passport-size Photo
- Turkish Proficiency Certificate (C1)
- Residence Permit (If Available)
EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS
Evaluation of the applications and placement of candidates are made by the International Student Acceptance Committee of Istinye University.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS
The result of the application is notified to the applicants via the e-mail address written on the application form.
A “Conditional Acceptance Letter” is sent to the candidates who meet the required criteria by the International Relations Directorate of İstinye University.
In the light of the information written on the Conditional Acceptance Letter, “Official Acceptance Letter” is sent to the applicants who paid their pre-registration fee and the applicants are expected to come to the related department of the university within the announced registration dates and complete their registration process.
*Pre-registration fees paid by students who do not come to complete the registration process within the calendar announced by the university are not refundable.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of instruction at our university is Turkish and English.
Turkish level of foreign students will be determined according to the result of an exam made by a center, which is authorized by the Ministry of National Education among centers (TÖMER etc.) providing education in Turkish, or a jury that will be established by the University Senate. One year additional time is granted to students, whose Turkish language levels are not seen sufficient. The students, who document that they have been successful in the University providing a Turkish course or in the courses taught by the above-mentioned centers, start their education.
Students who are admitted to programs taught in English can either take the English Proficiency Exam which will be held by our university or can be exempt from English Preparatory Program provided that they have scored TOEFL IBT- Overall 75 (Provided that it has not been 2 years since the exam has been certified).
The following documents are requested during the enrollment:
- Passport or identification card, the original copy of them if they are in Turkish or English; Turkish or English translated copy of the page showing identification information that was approved by a public notary or consulate,
- The original copy of the high school diploma and its English or Turkish copy approved by a Turkish representative office,
- The “Certificate of Equivalence” that demonstrates the high school diploma is equal to diplomas taken from Turkish high schools, which was taken from the Turkish Embassy or Consulate in their countries or from the Ministry of National Education of the Turkish Republic or provincial directorates of the Ministry of National Education,
- 6 passport photo
- The original copy of Exam Result Document and its English or Turkish copy approved by a TR representation office,
- The bank receipt showing the tuition was deposited (the Board of Trustees determines the tuition every year),
- Student visa taken from the representation offices of the Turkish Republic in their countries,
*Foreign students are required to take “Residence Permit” from Istanbul Immigration Authority of Ministry of Interior.
ADRESS of Istinye University :
Topkapı Campusİstinye Üniversitesi Topkapı Kampüsü, Maltepe Mah., Teyyareci Sami Sk., No.3 Zeytinburnu, İstanbul, 34010
Mobile: 00905340789498 – Whatsapp + Viber
For Arabic :