Skilss of Public Speaking for Teachers – 5 days Our Best courses IBC4 –Istanbul Busıness Center
Description Skilss of Public Speaking for Teachers
Communicative competence, charisma, the ability to convey a message with ease and confidence are crucial skills for teachers and for their learners.
We are preparing learners for jobs that don’t exist yet, and to use technologies that haven’t been invented, in order to solve problems we don’t even know are going to be problems. Knowledge-based learning is a thing of the past; we need to “future-proof” our learners by teaching them how to present themselves and deliver their message.
We invite you to learn how to make any subject or presentation captivating, so you can guide your students in their journey to find their voice (literally and metaphorically).
In this course, the starting point is our main work tool: the human voice. First, we explore our anatomy to understand “what does what”, when it comes to producing language, and how to help our body’s performance, thus ensuring vocal health and clear pronunciation.
Then we connect the dots, to understand how our emotions affect our execution, how fear of rejection or shyness manifests in our learners’ body language. That way, we can provide them with tangible, effective means to redirect that energy to improve their communication skills instead of blocking them.
The next step in our journey will focus on creativity: we will explore brain-training strategies that have the power to help learners unlock inventiveness and adaptability learn how to convey convincing key points, how to organize them in an enthralling way, and how to design presentations using apps and webs available on the Internet.
Our final goal? Help you make the classroom a truly informative environment, where listening and speaking play an integral role in the teaching and evaluation process. Acquire competencies that will help you become a better teacher and be valuable to your learners, whatever the future may bring.
Learning outcomes -Skilss of Public Speaking for Teachers
The course will help the participants to:
- Improve essential presentation skills: reading the audience and speaker control;
- Structure ideas properly, setting goals and objectives with a clear outcome;
- Manage key elements of storytelling drawn on emotions to make the speech unforgettable;
- Build assertiveness and self-confidence;
- Improve the trainer-trainee and teacher-learner relationship;
- Promote a positive attitude to learners/audience and encourage them to personalize their message when teaching.
Tentative schedule=Skilss of Public Speaking for Teachers
Day 1 – Course introduction
- Introduction to the course (structure, goals, methodology), the school, and the external week activities;
- An introduction to the participants and their contexts;
- A “Four Dimensional” experience: Body, Emotions, Mind, Action;
- Public Speaking in learning environments.
Day 2 – First Dimension: Body
- Anatomy of human voice: projection, tone, rhythm;
- Posture: hands, eye contact, alignment;
- Nonverbal vs verbal communication: read your learners’ body language (so you can better help them communicate);
- Tips to read the audience appropriately (so you can adapt your speech to their needs);
- Presentation of participants’ schools.
Day 3 – Second Dimension: Emotions
- Anatomy of human response to fear and stress;
- Mechanisms to cope with anxiety (1): breath work;
- Mechanisms to cope with anxiety (2): cognitive restructuring;
- Tips to enhance creativity.
Day 4 – Third Dimension: Mind
- The structure of a speech;
- The role of the introduction: the movie maker;
- The role of the body: the fashion designer;
- The role of the conclusion: wrap the gift with a pretty bow;
- Visual Presentation tips.
Day 5 – Fourth Dimension: Action
- Bring it all together – from theory into practice;
- Create your own pathway to excellence: long term goals, intermediate objectives and “the first step”.
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.
Contact information -Skilss of Public Speaking for Teachers:
To communicate in Arabic:
You can view all programs through our website
We are waiting for your questions about the training courses offered by our center IBC .
A group discount can be requested ISTANBUL BUSINESS CENTER
Is there a group discount when registering for Skilss of Public Speaking for Teachers ?
- Browse our course catalog and select which courses meet your organization’s learning and development needs
- Receive a discount ranging from 10 to 20% based on the total number of participants you enroll per year. Discount tiers are outlined in the adjacent chart.
- Contact us below to register your participants and receive a unique discount code for your organization. From there, our team will work with you to enroll your employees.
The Short Course Experience Skilss of Public Speaking for Teachers
Our 2- to 5-day short courses offer a unique opportunity to step outside of the pressures of your day-to-day work life and challenge yourself with new ideas and skills in a low-risk environment. Our team is here to guide you each step of the way.
To join our YouTube channel: