Production Geology for Other Disciplines 5 Days Training Courses- PGD IBC – Istanbul Business Center
About the course
Have you ever wondered why it seems like Geologists rarely give you a straight answer? Do they appear to be constantly avoiding direct answers to apparently simple questions? Are there never-ending qualifiers tacked to the answers they provide? “Usually, for the most part, chances are, often, almost all the time, maybe, could be, should be, can be, it depends…” What do you do with the ranges of the interpretations offered?
This course will clear these questions… you will understand what makes the production geosciences tick; you will be able to phrase the appropriate questions, and then you will be able to deal with the answers. Geological factors bear directly on and usually control engineering activities such as drilling, logging, testing, completion, development, and production, as well as all financial decisions associated with development.
This course assumes the participant has some understanding of elementary geology, but it will provide a review of key geological principles and environments of deposition, all keyed to focus on the practical impact of geological models and uncertainty on appraisal and development. Without a common understanding between geologists and engineers, there can be no real interdisciplinary communication or teamwork in reservoir development and production activities. Engineering, financial, and geological coordination and understanding are the objectives of this course.
you can read also new training courses : the most training courses and workshops important in Oil and Gas
Designed For – Production Geology for Other Disciplines
Production/completion/reservoir engineers, financial staff, professional staff from disciplines other than geology, and managers involved with reservoir management, and development/production, who might require an understanding of geological data, its variability, and the effects of the data, and its interpretation, on their projects and jobs. This course is also appropriate for geologists early in their career development that are slated for production or development positions.
You will learn – Production Geology for Other Disciplines
- Understand the sources of geological data and the interpretation of that data, including maps, cross-sections, electric logs, and seismic sections
- Recognize the relationships between paleo-environmental interpretations and the practical application of these interpretations to field development
- Recognize and appreciate uncertainty in geological and geophysical data/interpretation
- Understand the uncertainty surrounding the geologist’s interpretation…. “Why won’t they give me a straight answer?”
- Recognize ways in which geological data is presented for evaluation in integrated asset teams
- Understand and more realistically evaluate geological data and interpretation
- Understand geological interpretation impact on production and development…pro and con
Course Content -Production Geology for Other Disciplines
- Correlation and stratigraphy
- Structural interpretation
- Clastic/carbonate deposition including an introduction to Unconventional Reservoirs
- Reservoir geology
- Reservoir characterization and modeling
- Well planning
- Reservoir appraisal
- Field development
- Uncertainty analysis
Contact information -Production Geology for Other Disciplines:
To communicate in Arabic:
You can view all programs through our website
We are waiting for your questions about the training courses offered by our center IBC .
A group discount can be requested ISTANBUL BUSINESS CENTER
Is there a group discount when registering for Production Geology for Other Disciplines?
- Browse our course catalog and select which courses meet your organization’s learning and development needs
- Receive a discount ranging from 10 to 20% based on the total number of participants you enroll per year. Discount tiers are outlined in the adjacent chart.
- Contact us below to register your participants and receive a unique discount code for your organization. From there, our team will work with you to enroll your employees.
The Short Course Experience Production Geology for Other Disciplines
every day 5 hours and Our 2- to 5-day short courses offer a unique opportunity to step outside of the pressures of your day-to-day work life and challenge yourself with new ideas and skills in a low-risk environment. Our team is here to guide you each step of the way.
To join our YouTube channel: