Oil & gas well life cycle from exploration to abandonment course IBC 78 – Istanbul Busıness Center
Introduction Oil & gas well life cycle from exploration to abandonment
Oil & Gas well life Cycle from exploration to abandonment – The Best course IBC 78 Well lifecycles have three primary areas of focus or stages; design and construction, well operation and intervention, and abandonment.
ISO 16530 delineates the lifecycles stages into six lifecycle phases, Basis of design, design, construction, operational, intervention, and abandonment.
The ability to sustain well integrity is fundamentally dependent on both the design and the operational stages. Before construction, an appropriate well design including a well barrier envelope evaluation will facilitate long term well integrity sustainability. Additionally, a suitable well integrity management system (WIMS) should assure well integrity is maintained throughout the entire well lifecycle.
Oil & gas well life cycle Designed for :
Drilling and Completion Engineers and Technicians; Superintendents, Wellsite Supervisors, and Inspectors. Any person, who designs, plans or manages well drilling, wellbore completion and field operations activities will benefit from this course.
Mechanical / Chemical / Production/ Petroleum Engineering Graduates or Students
Working executives / Professionals looking for a change in career or students who have mechanical, electrical, electronic or instrumentation background.
Corporate companies for enhancing staff performance and ability.
Instructor overview – Oil & gas well life cycle :
Petroleum engineer and international instructor certified from UK with oil industry experience for more than 26 years.
Worked for reputable companies such as SPC, AFPC, Shell, ADCO, international training centers.
Oil & gas well life cycle – Course Duration
Certification of Oil & gas well life cycle
A certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Course Delivery Oil & gas well life cycle
Day 1Oil & gas well life cycle from exploration to abandonment
Introduction to well lifecycle
- Well construction sequencing
- Select well site
- Drill well bore hole
- Preliminary well testing
- Propose final well design
Day 2 Oil & gas well life cycle from exploration to abandonment
Well construction (drilling & completion)
- Construct permanent well
- Develop and disinfect well
- Test well performance
- Submit well completion report
- Run completion
Day 3 Oil & gas well life cycle from exploration to abandonment
Module 1 Upstream Overview and Exploration technics
- General overview about upstream
- Oil and gas production techniques
- Varying well completion and treatment techniques used
- Understanding the properties of oil
- Well testing and recovery methods
Module 2 Plant Operations, Well Safety and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures)
- General awareness regarding the plant operation
- Understanding the well safety
- Various fluid control equipment
- Production and understanding the well kick-off operation
- Following Safe Operating Procedures (SOP)
Module 3 Flow Measurement and Crude Oil Purification
- Oil and gas separation and maintenance
- Flow measurement equipment
- Flow measurement equipment safety
- Purification of crude oil
- Crude Oil Storage
Module 4 Types of Pumps and Valves, Processing methods and Calculations
- Basic calculations and PID control system
- Function of valve types
- Function of pump type
- Gas processing methods
- Gas purification methods
Day 4 Oil & gas well life cycle from exploration to abandonment
Maintenance stage (workover)
- Types of Completions
- Reasons for Work-overs and well preparation
- Overview of Surface and Subsurface Well-bore Equipment and Procedures
- Barriers, Completion and Work-over Fluids
- Kick Causes, Warning Signs, kill methods and Risk awareness and Organizing a Well Control Operation
Day 5 Oil & gas well life cycle from exploration to abandonment
Plug and abandonment stage
- The Objectives of Well abandonment
- Common Abandonment methods
- Typical Abandonment risks
- Rig and Services requirements
- Rigless alternatives
- Case study
- Exam and assessment
Who is the lecturer for the course Oil & gas well life cycle from exploration to abandonment ?
We have a group of accredited lecturers with long experience.
This course could be: ENG .Samer Shukri Certified International Trainer / Our Center Team
Contact information -Open hole & Cased hole logging technology & operation :
To communicate in Arabic:
You can view all programs through our website
We are waiting for your questions about the training courses offered by our center IBC .
A group discount can be requested ISTANBUL BUSINESS CENTER
Is there a group discount when registering forOil & gas well life cycle from exploration to abandonment ?
- Browse our course catalog and select which courses meet your organization’s learning and development needs
- Receive a discount ranging from 10 to 20% based on the total number of participants you enroll per year. Discount tiers are outlined in the adjacent chart.
- Contact us below to register your participants and receive a unique discount code for your organization. From there, our team will work with you to enroll your employees.
The Short Course Experience Oil & gas well life cycle from exploration to abandonment – The Best Oil Course
Our 2- to 5-day short courses offer a unique opportunity to step outside of the pressures of your day-to-day work life and challenge yourself with new ideas and skills in a low-risk environment. Our team is here to guide you each step of the way.
To join our YouTube channel: