Do you want to know more information about a Işık university? Since its founding in 1996, Işık University has strengthened today to 5 Faculties with 35 undergraduate programs, two Vocational Schools with 21 associate degree programs, Graduate Institutes in Social Sciences and Applied Sciences, a School of Foreign Languages, and a Center for Continuing Education.
- Read More: 14 Good Reasons to Study in Turkey
Işık University, a central focus of the Feyziye Schools Foundation 134 cultural life, with its strong faculty membership and proactive administration, has established an institution that provides the work and academic worlds with future “GOOD” individuals who have vision and conviction.
To answer today’s demands, Işık University has established two campuses – in Şile and Maslak – set near the modern city life as well as in a natural environment on 490,000 square meters with modern infrastructure, classrooms, dormitories, libraries, social and athletic facilities, and an art gallery. The Faculty of Fine Arts, the Vocational Schools, the Center for Continuing Education, the Social Sciences Institute and the Applied Sciences Institute are located on the Maslak Campus; all other faculties and departments are found on the Şile Campus.
Işık University Code of Honor
1. We, Işık University faculty, administrative staff and students abide by the terms of its academic honesty code in all academic and administrative work. We commit ourselves to maintaining all accepted principles of academic honesty and integrity . Therefore, any deviation from these standards is an ethical breach and a violation of the Academic Integrity Policy of Işık University.
Violations of Işık University’s Code of Honor include:
a) For students
- Cheating, assisting or ignoring the cheating of others.
- Receiving or providing unauthorized assistance during any examination or in connection with any work (e.g. assignments, projects) completed or submitted for academic credit.
- Submitting another’s work as your own.
- Plagiarism, defined as presenting the work or ideas of others as one’s own without proper acknowledgement of the source in homework or term projects.
- Falsifying or fabricating information.
- Resubmission of previously written work (in whole or part) for grading without professorial consent.
- Violating copyright protection; copying or using copyrighted material (without permission).
b) For faculty and staff
- Plagiarism, falsification, distortion, rerun publication or illegal acts of publication.
- Failing upon publication to acknowledge the persons, institutions or establishments that support the research study.
- Failing to observe ethical rules in carrying out research.
- Misusing resources, facilities,equipment and funding allocated for scientific research.
- Making ungrounded accusations related to the ethical conduct of others.
2. We, the members of Işık University community, do not partake in dishonest actions, academic or otherwise; we behave honestly in all our endeavors.
3. We, the members of Işık University community, maintain standards of behaviour and integrity both within and outside the University in accord with Işık University’s reputation.
4. We stand against all discrimination on the basis of religion, language, race, etnicity, creed or gender. We do not misuse our hierarchical power or position.
5. We exercise our freedom to express our scientific, artistic and managerial opinions. We respect the academic freedom of others.
6. We are mindful and respectful of one another on or off campus. While on campus, we avoid any harmful act that would damage the natural or built environment, or any fixed assets.
Welcome to Işık
Established by one of the oldest education foundations in Turkey, Işık University offers quality education in English and Turkish languages under the roof of 5 Faculties, 2 Graduate Schools and 2 Vocational Schools. EAQUALS accredited School of Foreign Languages supports students needing to reach the language level required for faculty.
Business center Istanbul – official agent for the Işık University
Programs : UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
FACULTY OF ENGİNEERİNG (ŞİLE CAMPUS)
- Computer Engineering (in English)
- Biomedical Engineering (in English)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (in English)
- Industrial Engineering (in English)
- Civil Engineering (in English)
- Civil Engineering (in Turkish)
- Mechanical Engineering (in English)
- Mechanical Engineering (in Turkish)
- Mechatronics Engineering (in English)
- Software Engineering (in English)
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCİENCES (ŞİLE CAMPUS)
- Humanities and Social Sciences (in English)
- Psychology (in English)
- Psychology (in Turkish)
- Management Information Systems (in English)
- Management Information Systems (in Turkish)
FACULTY OF ARCHİTECTURE AND DESİGN (ŞİLE CAMPUS)
- Industrial Design (in Turkish)
- Interior Architecture and Environmental Design (in English)
- Architecture (in Turkish)
- Architecture (in English)
FACULTY OF ECONOMİCS AND ADMİNİSTRATİVE SCİENCES (MASLAK CAMPUS)
- Economics (in English)
- Business Administration (in English)
- Business Administration (in Turkish)
- Political Science (in English)
- International Relations (in English)
- International Logistics Administration (in English)
- International Trade (in English)
FACULTY OF FİNE ARTS (MASLAK CAMPUS)
- Visual Communication Design (in Turkish)
- Visual Arts (in Turkish) *
- Interior Architecture (in Turkish) *
- Fashion and Textile Design (in Turkish) *
- Cinema and Television (in Turkish)
* Admission requires Special Talent Exam.
VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS PROGRAMS
ASSOCİATE DEGREES (2 YEARS)
- Architectural Restoration
- Graphic Design
- Radio and Television Technology
- Fashion Design
Vocational School of Health Services *
- Medical Documentation and Secretarial Program
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Surgery Room Services
- Medical Laboratory Techniques
- Medical Imaging Techniques
- First Aid and Emergency
* Language of Instruction is Turkish
Just call us and send your papers and we send you acceptance – IBC