Performance Analysis, Prediction, and Optimization Using Nodal Analysis – IBC76 – Istanbul Business Center
Table of Contents
About the course – Performance Analysis
Nodal analysis views the total producing system as a group of components potentially encompassing reservoir rock/irregularities, completions (gravel pack, open/closed perforations, open hole), vertical flow strings, restrictions, multi-lateral branches, horizontal/hilly terrain flow lines/risers, integrated gathering networks, compressors, pump stations, metering locations, and market/system rate/pressure constraints. An improper design of any one component, or a mismatch of components, adversely affects the performance of the entire system.
The chief function of a system-wide analysis is to increase well rates. It identifies bottlenecks and serves as a framework for the design of efficient field wide flow systems, including wells, artificial lift, gathering lines and manifolds. Together with reservoir simulation and analytical tools, Nodal analysis is used in planning new field development. Initially, this technology was applied using pressure traverse curves and simple PI models.
Now state-of-the-art software programs have enabled a well-trained engineer to concentrate on matching field data, interpreting results, and understanding a system’s interdependencies. Software is used extensively during the class and the participant is encouraged to bring his/her own laptop and nodal software. However, if the attendee chooses not to supply his/her own software, nodal analysis, and gas deliverability planning programs can be provided.
Performance Analysis – Designed For
Production, operations, and reservoir engineers; senior technicians and field supervisors with an engineering background.
Course Objectives – Performance Analysis
You will learn How To:
- Apply nodal analysis concepts viewing the total producing system as a whole from the reservoir rock through the completion, well bore and gathering system, to the market while honoring system rate/pressure constraints
- Avoid improper design where any one component, or a mismatch of components, adversely affects the performance of the entire system
- Perform a system-wide analysis to increase well rates by identifying bottlenecks and design an efficient field-wide flow system, including wells, artificial lift, gathering lines, and manifolds
- Use nodal analysis, together with reservoir simulation and analytical tools, for planning new field development
Course Content- Performance Analysis
- Nodal Analysis Overview
- Nodal Analysis Overview
- Inflow Performance: Basics, well-test pros and cons, best models for all well types, IPR curves
- Completions: Modeling basics, flow patterns in gravel packs, pressure drop in perforations, gravel packs and wellbore, optimal perforation density
- Tubing Performance: Videos of flow patterns, flow dynamics, logging in horizontal wells, slugging and pressure changes in all completion types, friction drop in horizontal wells, unloading techniques and examples
- Flowlines: Pressure drop models, bottlenecks in a gathering network, line loops and jumpers, gathering systems
- Forecast: Field forecasts, economic optimization, evaluation of options
- Artificial Lift: Gas lift design, ESP and other methods basics
- Liquid in gas streams, what is a dry gas well, loaded wells, predicting temperatures
How To Register In Performance Analysis?
send us email , with the following requirements then pay the necessary fees.
- passport copy or national id copy
- 1 copy of passport size photo
- education certificate copy
- CV or background profile
Contact us – Istanbul Business Center
Contact information – Performance Analysis :
To communicate in Arabic:
You can view all programs through our website
Is there a group discount when registering for a PPerformance Analysis Training Course ?
- Browse our course catalog and select which courses meet your organization’s learning and development needs
- Receive a discount ranging from 10 to 20% based on the total number of participants you enroll per year. Discount tiers are outlined in the adjacent chart.
- Contact us below to register your participants and receive a unique discount code for your organization. From there, our team will work with you to enroll your employees.
The Short Course Experience – Performance Analysis Training Course
Our 2- to 5-day short courses offer a unique opportunity to step outside of the pressures of your day-to-day work life and challenge yourself with new ideas and skills in a low-risk environment. Our team is here to guide you each step of the way.
To join our YouTube channel: